The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: The bonfire that never happened
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:56 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Well, the bonfire thing just didn't work out tonight. Not only could we not get a fire ring, but there wasn't even any parking available for about a 1/2 mile in either direction. It was such a beautiful day and such a gorgeous night that about 1/4 of the population of San Luis Obispo county was at that beach tonight. I have NEVER seen so many people at that beach at night before.

I got a parking spot way the heck down the road... walked all the way to our meeting spot... and then walked the entire length of the beach to see if I could find any familiar faces or any Cockers. But no... not a single one. I hung out until 7:30 and then gave up. I assume that any of our folks that came for the bonfire took one look at the beach full of people and the road full of cars and simply turned around and gave up.

Well, it was a fun day at the beach... and now that the evening has ended much earlier than expected, I guess I can get some much-needed rest before the pups head off to their new homes tomorrow.

By the way, Morgan headed off to her new home with Vicki Wallace this afternoon. So, tomorrow, after the pups leave, it will be just me, Joanna, my daughter and son-in-law, and their Chihuahua. Quite a bit more quiet than I've had over the last two months.

To all that were looking forward to the bonfire... I'm sorry it didn't work out. The weather was literally just too good this weekend... and everyone wanted to use that beach tonight.

Post subject: Re: The bonfire that never happened
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:51 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Aw, too bad. Who would have guessed this weekend would have been such a summer one?

:hp

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08
Rusty, we'll love you forever, 9/22/95 - 4/2/09
Mopsie, you're always in our hearts, 1978 - 1994

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:28 pm 
I Rescue Cockers
 WWW  Profile

Hi Jim!

I hope you enjoyed the walk on the beach - the weather had to have been BEAUTIFUL there! Speaking for my roomies - it ended up being a chance for us to relax in-room and recharge for our respective rides home tomorrow. Your puppy-petting-party wore me out (along with the afternoon attempt at a walk on the beach)!

Your pups are amazingly adorable and the puppy-party was a FUN afternoon!! Thank you for the weekend of memories!

:Parti Indie Kodak's Canyonview Little Miss Independant, CGC, ThD (in training)
:Parti Bennett Kodak's Canyonview The Best Is Yet To Come, CGC, ThD (in training)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 pm 
Active Forum Member

So sorry to hear that the beach was full. I was looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone and the all the dogs playing on the beach.
Well maybe next time around...

It did look like everyone had fun at the puppy meet and greet this morning.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm 
Forum Member

Jim, we took Angel driving for a nap and got back to the beach at 7 and found the same thing you did....Noone we recognized. We were probably walking the beach at the same time you were, but in the opposite direction. Our chairs and bag were still there but that was it! It was a fantastic day though...and those puppies are simply adorable,what lucky new owners!

I have to say it is very sad to me that you will no longer be breeding. I feel very lucky to be among those to have been chosen to have a Zim pup, especially Angel. I really just can't thank you enough for the blessing you gave to our family.

I will see you at the next bonfire!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi Jim,

I think the big event on the beach ended about 7:45-8. But the beach sure was packed with people.

But, it meant we left in time to get Splash chowder!

Monty and Dodger said they had fun and enjoyed the visit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:31 pm 
Active Forum Member
 YIM  Profile

Oh no! I'm so sorry Jim! We did call and leave a message at your house that many people weren't going to the bonfire. Unfortunately I didn't have your cell number. We should have had you come over to the Oxford Suites. :bang

The beach was just way too crowded and we weren't able to get a fire ring pit since they were all taken. We really had a wonderful trip. You were right about the Oxford Suites. It was a wonderful hotel with really comfortable accommodations! :Clap

Hopefully someday we'll have another SLO Pupapalooza so that we can have that final bonfire after all. Thanks to Julie Kinsinger's daughter Katie, I didn't miss out having a s'more! Thanks Katie!

Forever Loved and Never Forgotten:
Shasta, my beautiful redhead Cocker 8-15-1992 to 3-15-2007
My kitties: Willow, Tonga & Mr. Paisley all lost in 2012 due to cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:21 pm 
Active Forum Member

Yes, the beach was very, very crowded .... the (random) beautiful weather brought everyone to the beach that day.

After the last canopy was packed up, we decided to head back to the Oxford and just hang out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm 
Active Forum Member

I'm so sorry Jim :sad We always look forward to the bonfire. It's one of highlights of the 'looza weekends. I guess I can stop pouting about missing it though... I had to head home last night before it was supposed to start so I am just reading that it never happened.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]