The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Solo, q'ing in agility: Sun update and Videos!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm 
Forum Legend

:wv Hi all,

Now that The Divine Goddess of the Cosmos has finished the MACH title, she isn't going to as many agility trials. This is a 3 day weekend of trials that I am going "solo" :lol2.

Today's report -- well :roll, we got one Q; in Time 2 Beat (that event that Mom doesn't care that much about). But the ones we do care about, there was 1 error in each run. In my defense I would like to point out that Mom was under the influence of vicodin and her commands weren't really coming out fast enough. (Mom's has messed up shoulders.) She claims she is going to try and do the courses tomorrow without meds and "maybe" that will help.

We'll see :dk ,

:cool Solo

Last edited by Colleen K on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Solo, going solo (in agility)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Aw, I wish you the best. Please have fun, do your best, enjoy and report back to us.

:hp

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08
Rusty, we'll love you forever, 9/22/95 - 4/2/09
Mopsie, you're always in our hearts, 1978 - 1994

Post subject: Re: Solo, going solo (in agility)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:19 pm 
Forum Legend

:wv Hi Aunti MJ,
Yes I tried to do by best today. And I did a little better. I earned a qualifying score in standard and 11 MACH points :th-up . I am closing in on the second highest AKC award in standard -- the Master Excellent Agility (MX) title (the highest one, the MACH, is Master Agililty Champion). The Master level titles require 10 qualifying scores. I already have the Masters title in jumpers (MXJ). I now have 8 scores towards my MX title.

I also earned a Q in Time2Beat and earned 7 points for that title. This was a great run and the jumpers course was almost identical. But I dropped two bars in jumpers :sad so no Q.

Tomorrow we are going again. Mom is also going to be buying the video of my good runs from today so I'll have things to post tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Solo, going solo (in agility): Sat update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Aw, Solo, I knew you'd do your best. Sounds like you were simply brilliant today! Where is your trial this weekend?

I'll be looking forward to watching my favority reporter doing his best!

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08

Post subject: Re: Solo, going solo (in agility): Sat update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:15 pm 
Forum Legend

MJ Watt wrote:
Aw, Solo, I knew you'd do your best. Sounds like you were simply brilliant today! Where is your trial this weekend?

This weekend, which now is only Sunday (4/29), we are competing at the Expo Center, City of Industry, on Temple Avenue. This is the place that used to be called the Equestrian Center. There are still stables there so I don't know why they changed the name :dk. I'll be on the start line at 8:00 AM :run. And then I will have two runs later in the morning. I will be done by 11:30.

Post subject: Re: Solo, q'ing in agility: Sun update and Videos!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Make some popcorn and settle in for some Solo Q'ing in Agility movies :YAY :YAY :YAY .

To be more specific:I DOUBLE Q'D! This is my 3rd double Q.

Now considering that I called a Butthead Club meeting on the first run, Time 2 Beat (thank heavens Mom doesn't care about this event), I needed to make it up to Mom :love. I launched off of the A-Frame so I wouldn't touch that iky yellow part. Mom was not happy :mad . She made me get on the contact and do the 2 on/2 off position correctly, then she marched me off the course. I didn't even try to get a treat from the bag or look for my special superfuel powder in my crate. I just went in quietly and shamefully.

But here I am redeeming myself in jumpers for 3 MACH Points. http://youtu.be/wly6OQ8MoMM

Here I am kickin' a** in standard for 15 MACH points. It is also the first time I ran a standard course in under 50 seconds. http://youtu.be/yrpuxSEglLQ

And here are my qualifying runs on Friday and Saturday.

Friday, 4/27, Solo’s 6th T2B Q with 5 points.
http://youtu.be/apMFGfbhG7k

4/28 Solo’s 7th T2B Q with 7 points.
http://youtu.be/N_pxqeVSyPs

4/28 Solo’s 8th MX leg and 11 MACH points. Hold your breath watching the A-Frame contact :OMY . Let’s hear it for fluffy paws!
http://youtu.be/Gai1XBzQPyo

So for the weekend, I went 5 for 10, 50%, which is very good. I have the next 3 weekends off to practice obedience. I am going to try and finish my Companion Dog Excellent title on 5/24 at the West Coast Cocker Spaniel Specialty Show at the Pomona Fairgrounds. This is the title I was supposed to have finished last year at the Cocker Nationals :tg.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:53 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Those were great, Solo. You really jumped high!! I especially like to watch you on the weave, because I think you are so smooth.

Congrats, buddy.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Hey man,
It's me Andy Boy...you looked cool, especially liked your weaves, they were smokin'! Mom doesn't let us be naughty on contacts, she makes us stay and wait for an eternity, hey man...ya know once I was thinkin' I could finish the course by the time mom says I may leave. I think she brought us up thinkin that our paws would go on fire if we left or somethin'...You're really doing great Solo,,wish we lived closer so we could run at the same shows :cry
It would be so much fun.
By the way my sis Gemma thinks you're very handsome with those furry paws!
Your pal,
& Star's admirer
Andy Boy

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:40 pm 
Forum Legend

michelle mamaradlo wrote:
Your pal & Star's admirer
Andy Boy

Ah gee, (where did that blushing emoticon go :?: ).
Are you going to cocker nationals in St. Louis?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:42 pm 
Recommended Breeder

I sure wish that we could Solo, but mom always has to work. She can never take a Friday off, that's when she brings one of us to work for this special grant from the school, so we never miss. It's too bad it's so far away, we could show in Open together,...I am trained through Utility...just came home from class but am debuting in Novice this summer! Mom has high dreams for me, she says that I will be her first MACH UD whatever that is :joy Wish your mom would come to visit us...it's only two of you to come,,,there are 8 of us. My Grandma Angel is 15+, she's really cool, you'd love her..my Dad Bosco is a bit of a devil dog still even at 13+
High Five from
Andy Boy

Colleen K wrote:
Your pal & Star's admirer
Andy Boy

Ah gee, (where did that blushing emoticon go :?: ).
Are you going to cocker nationals in St. Louis?

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:04 pm 
Forum Legend

Mom has high dreams for me, she says that I will be her first MACH UD
Andy Boy

Mom has the same delusion for me; but I'm barely trained for Open :roll . I'm not very good at heeling in position off-leash. Mom thinks I might do OK in futility, I mean utility :gig, because I like to retrieve gloves. It reminds me of tracking.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 am 
Forum Legend

Hey Solo! I am SO proud of you! Lovely runs, nice accomplishment and well on your way to your MACH! :YAY Looking forward to seeing you all again in St. Louis.

Star :paw

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008