The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: STAR - USDAA 3/11/12
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:42 pm 
Forum Legend

We went to a trial on Sunday and I had a ball! I got to meet lots of new cocker friends and had fun running. Although I enjoyed it lots my mom was not very happy with me.

My mom did not get to walk the Snooker course so she had to wing it and we would have Q'd if I had not knocked two bars. :roll In Gamblers we did well, got the gamble but the timer went off as I was crossing the last jump. My mom says that the Standard run was horrendous! I did leave one bar up. :dk What does she expect, she has me jumping 12 all day and then wants me to switch to 16. She gave me no treats after that run so I was especially good for the last run of the day. We got a 1st place Q and title in Advanced Relay/Pairs! :YAY Now we are in Masters everything except Standard. :goof And, guess what I did for my mom... watch that video and tell me if you can tell what was different and very special! :wnk

Our horrible Standard run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxxMcU8kgkk
Relay/Pairs - 1st place Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPJ_qcPM3Y

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008

Post subject: Re: STAR - USDAA 3/11/12
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi Star,

Mom guessed correctly before she saw the video -- you had a start line stay! Congrats.

And while your Mom may not have been happy about the bar crashing on the standard run, she must have loved the weaves! They were perfect.

See you in a few weeks,

:cool Solo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:41 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Hey Star,
Do ya hear me screaming in the background and my mom telling me to be quiet?? Maybe it's my fault ya knocked the bars....ya sure got me all wild too!

Wow...you sure had a great start line stay for pairs!!! Maybe your mom should always run with the baton....you were awesome in that run.
I LUVED meeting you. Is your mom going to post the pictures we took? I want one for my doggie bed so I can look and dream about us :wk
I love you,
And by the way...who is this Solo guy that writes you too??? I hope he's just a friend, cuz I want to marry you one day :joy
Love
Andy Boy

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm 
Forum Legend

Yeah Star!

You let your Mom lead out! That was really nice of you! I was very impressed with your thoughtfulness! Great stay and great run!

I've never seen an agility relay. That was fun to watch! How does that work? Do you pair up with someone you know or are you randomly paired?

Chesapeake OA, OAJ (CGC)
4/20/10

Competing in Excellent Agility ...
JWW ~ 1 of 3 Q's
STD ~ 1 of 3 Q's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:01 am 
Forum Legend

Colleen Keough wrote:
Hi Star,

Mom guessed correctly before she saw the video -- you had a start line stay! Congrats.

And while your Mom may not have been happy about the bar crashing on the standard run, she must have loved the weaves! They were perfect.

See you in a few weeks,

:cool Solo

AND an impressive start line may I add! I sat like a little statue. :wnk You are right about my weaves, I need to go and rub that in because in her frustration she forgot the good stuff!

See you soon,

Star :paw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 am 
Forum Legend

michelle mamaradlo wrote:
Hey Star,
Do ya hear me screaming in the background and my mom telling me to be quiet?? Maybe it's my fault ya knocked the bars....ya sure got me all wild too!

Wow...you sure had a great start line stay for pairs!!! Maybe your mom should always run with the baton....you were awesome in that run.
I LUVED meeting you. Is your mom going to post the pictures we took? I want one for my doggie bed so I can look and dream about us :wk
I love you,
And by the way...who is this Solo guy that writes you too??? I hope he's just a friend, cuz I want to marry you one day :joy
Love
Andy Boy

Yes, I can hear you screaming! :lol2 I wish I could blame my bar knocking on that... My mom won't let me get away with that excuse. She keeps talking about learning to respect bars.

Solo is my Big-Sis Rosey's brother. He is a real gentleman, likes to knock bars too and we get along very well. I loved meeting you too! :wk Hopefully we'll see each other again soon.

The photographs that my mom took are here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7406

Star :paw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 am 
Forum Legend

Lisa R wrote:
Yeah Star!

You let your Mom lead out! That was really nice of you! I was very impressed with your thoughtfulness! Great stay and great run!

I've never seen an agility relay. That was fun to watch! How does that work? Do you pair up with someone you know or are you randomly paired?

Thank you! Relay is when one team runs half the course and the other runs the other half. It is time plus faults so some mistakes are allowed if you are fast enough. It is important to run with the baton, to not drop it or throw it. The other dog we were running with is called Fabulous so this was Fabulous Star running! :lol3

You can choose your pairs partner but normally we just have the trial secretary pair us up with whoever needs a partner and usually it has worked out. The worst was one of our first Relay runs, we were the second dog running and when I stretched my hand for the first person to hand me the baton, she had none, so we got eliminated before we even started running!