The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Jolie Earns Her MX!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm 
Recommended Breeder

I didn't mean to ignore my sweet Jolie,,,,really wanted to make a special video of all her 10 MX legs and make something fancy, but I just don't have enough of them, or they already combined with her Double Q's. So, here is MX leg # 6 and a few weeks later she got #10!
Jolie is a VERY sensitive dog, and the difficult courses with what seems like such confusion to her as I am always late in my cues, shuts her down....seems like she really liked the blind cross I dared to do in last MX leg for her title at the end of the dog walk.
Here is Ms. Jolie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cux5_zVBjPU

And Jolie wants everyone to see that her daughter Gemma is not perfect, here are our blooper runs:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TQNGp-jADQ
Another Gemma blooper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmk7f8rq4Q

Thanks for letting me share...
And Jolie who aspires to one day be like MACH Rosey!

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jolie Earns Her MX!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm 
Forum Legend

michelle mamaradlo wrote:

Watching Jolie is a lot like watching Rosey. Not that you need another event, but I think Jolie wants to be like "Rosey, TD" (tracking dog). Jolie has her nose down on those runs, and like, Rosey, she doesn't like to be wrong. That is why Rosey is really a good tracking dog, she is serious and careful to check out all angles before turning a corner. And tracking is an un-timed event; as long as the dog is working, and you are going in the correct direction, you get to continue.

Rosey gained a lot confidence once we started tracking. I firmly believe that tracking saved Rosey's agility career. It was at tracking camp that Gail Workman psychoanalyzed Rosey and told me that Rosey does not like to be wrong and that I needed to adjust my handing (in all events) to accommodate her need to be correct. For the past couple of months, Rosey's agility warm-up was retrieving her tracking glove or other tracking articles.

Colleen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:06 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Yup, that's Jolie, nose down a lot and nervous when she sees more than one choice, she prefers not to look and just wait until I tell her. A.J. used to sort of be like that but being a boy he decided to watch me and knew where I wanted him to go..does not seem like Jolie is developing that talent.
I tried teaching Jolie Andy's scent articles but she was not interested.
Jolie does make a wonderful therapy dog and loves being a social butterfly. Tomorrow she goes to work with me at school..and Saturday she works a party.
Wish I had the time to try tracking but just not enough time:(

Colleen Keough wrote:
michelle mamaradlo wrote:

Watching Jolie is a lot like watching Rosey. Not that you need another event, but I think Jolie wants to be like "Rosey, TD" (tracking dog). Jolie has her nose down on those runs, and like, Rosey, she doesn't like to be wrong. That is why Rosey is really a good tracking dog, she is serious and careful to check out all angles before turning a corner. And tracking is an un-timed event; as long as the dog is working, and you are going in the correct direction, you get to continue.

Rosey gained a lot confidence once we started tracking. I firmly believe that tracking saved Rosey's agility career. It was at tracking camp that Gail Workman psychoanalyzed Rosey and told me that Rosey does not like to be wrong and that I needed to adjust my handing (in all events) to accommodate her need to be correct. For the past couple of months, Rosey's agility warm-up was retrieving her tracking glove or other tracking articles.

Colleen

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:08 am 
Forum Legend

Thanks for the videos, Michelle! I had a dream about being at a trial with you last night. Hopefully when it happens it will be a successful trial for both!

Sylvia

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:25 pm 
Forum Legend

Thanks for sharing those. I particularly liked watching Gemma - she makes awesome contacts on the a-frame and the bridge!