The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Update on Star
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 am 
Forum Legend

Life got complicated and after our trip to California we have rarely been to an agility trial. We had to scratch from an AKC trial in Rhode Island that we had been looking forward to because Laura English was the judge but I had bronchitis and just was not up to the drive and much less a run.

We did go for a couple of runs out to Greenfield, MA a USDAA trial. It was freezing and I ended up with a wind burn on half my face. Star did well but did not get the Q that I've been chasing, we are miserably stuck in Starters Standard. She dropped 3 bars. It seems that running 12" and then at the end of the day running 16" is not working for us. So either I have to only go for that run (she jumps 16" nicely in class) or give up and drop her to performance. We are in Masters in all the other classes.

The good news... are you ready for this one? The little Ms. Star, the wild child, has actually qualified for USDAA Nationals! She got her second Speed Jumping Q at that last trial. :YAY We had never tried to qualify before because Nationals are always in October and we cannot do anything that month but work. This year it is the last week in September so off to Colorado we go! :joy I am very proud of my munchkin.

We are going on Friday back to Hamden, CT to try and get another Grand Prix Q so we can run all the classes at Nationals. :wnk

Sylvia

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008

Post subject: Re: Update on Star
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 am 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

I hope you're feeling better now Sylvia . . . it sounds like your busy lifestyle caught up with you.

Congrats on Star qualifying for Nationals!!!!!!!!!! That's HUGE!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:00 am 
Forum Legend

Thank you, Kelly! I am very proud of Star because we compete against people who run every weekend and we get to do go one day per month, plus when Star comes in second it has been second to Race, the Sheltie that just qualified to be on the World Team. I'm working very hard at being a better handler so that this little girl can reach her potential and not be hindered by me.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Sorry to hear that you were sick!
Your dream may come true...hope you're coming to Hamden on Sunday....am running Andy in Advanced and Gemma's debut in starters!

Sylvia M C wrote:
Life got complicated and after our trip to California we have rarely been to an agility trial. We had to scratch from an AKC trial in Rhode Island that we had been looking forward to because Laura English was the judge but I had bronchitis and just was not up to the drive and much less a run.

We did go for a couple of runs out to Greenfield, MA a USDAA trial. It was freezing and I ended up with a wind burn on half my face. Star did well but did not get the Q that I've been chasing, we are miserably stuck in Starters Standard. She dropped 3 bars. It seems that running 12" and then at the end of the day running 16" is not working for us. So either I have to only go for that run (she jumps 16" nicely in class) or give up and drop her to performance. We are in Masters in all the other classes.

The good news... are you ready for this one? The little Ms. Star, the wild child, has actually qualified for USDAA Nationals! She got her second Speed Jumping Q at that last trial. :YAY We had never tried to qualify before because Nationals are always in October and we cannot do anything that month but work. This year it is the last week in September so off to Colorado we go! :joy I am very proud of my munchkin.

We are going on Friday back to Hamden, CT to try and get another Grand Prix Q so we can run all the classes at Nationals. :wnk

Sylvia

Last edited by michelle mamaradlo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm 
Forum Legend

Oh, no, Michelle! Too bad, we are only there on Friday night for Gran Prix. :sad

Sylvia

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Congratulations on getting qualified for USDAA Nationals :joy :joy . I had lots of fun the one time I went (and I was really to inexperienced to know what I was doing). If the event comes back West (and Colorado is not "west" enough), I might try to go again. Lord knows I'm not going to qualify Rosey or Solo for either AKC Nationals or Eukanuba.

Colleen