The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

The Internet's Most Popular Cocker Spaniel Community
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:15 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi, I am sapandeep kaur. I am from India.I recently brought a 6 week old english cocker spaniel home.,named Romeo!
He's playful,active and jolly... He's jst a kid to me.My husband loves him a lot..as it was his passion...i never even thought of owning a dog as i was really afraid of them..
I really respect ma hubby n m thankful to him 4 such a wonderful gift...! :wk :wk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:57 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi :wv and welcome to the forum. I am Susan and I have 3 furbabies 2 American Cockers and 1 German Shepard. I live in NC with my hubby, my dogs and my hubby are my life, watch out Cockers can be addictive. I would love to see pictures of your furbaby.

Sam, black and tan ,cocker spaniel
Chase, Sable and White parti. cocker spaniel
G.T. GSD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:21 am 
Active Forum Member
 YIM  Profile

Hello My name is Barb and Simon is my 16 mo. old baby. Simon was evidently not socialized and or abused befor he came to live with me. He is not aggressive, he hides. We have had him a year and he is just now starting to take a treat from my daughter with much coaxing. He likes my 11 yr old grson and his mother and get very excited when they come to visit but wont let them pet him. He is making progress. Hopefully some of you have some pointers for me.
Attachment:
1 (640x625).jpg
1 (640x625).jpg [ 253.51 KiB | Viewed 2383 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:02 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hey I am Susan and welcome to a great forum,,,and some great resources to help with your furbaby. I cant really cant give you any advise on your babies issues , But I know of at least a couple of people on here that dealing with the same issues that you are and quite a few more that have dealt with them in the past. I think you should just jump right in and start a subject about all the issues you are having and let them start helping you, they are great people and love to share their knowledge. again welcome to the forum,,, and your baby is very very handsome, seems like he has such wise eyes. :love

G.T. GSD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 pm 
Active Forum Member

Susan B wrote:
Hi :wv and welcome to the forum. I am Susan and I have 3 furbabies 2 American Cockers and 1 German Shepard. I live in NC with my hubby, my dogs and my hubby are my life, watch out Cockers can be addictive. I would love to see pictures of your furbaby.

THANX dear Susan for the warm welcome,as u said cockers can be addictive.,ya true! I jst cnt imagine maself without Romeo..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:28 am 
Forum Member

Hello to all!! New here and just registered this morning. I'll post pics of Max soon... our Furbulous Lady GiGi is to the left. :) We've had Max since he was 8 weeks old and bought him for our then 7-month-old daughter who is now 6-years-old. Max and her have grown up together. We went to Illinois for GiGi in March of 2010. We love our fur babies!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi, my name is Sue, I live in Ky. I have 3 cockers:

Holly- Black, she will be 3 Dec. 30,
Carly- Chocolate/white parti she will be 3 May 1,
Jazz- Black/White Tri she justed turned 2 on Nov. 20

I love looking at everyones dogs and they all look so pretty.
Will try to post pictures soon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:56 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Christie, Sue, Barb and Sapandeep! We're glad to have you join us. I agree that if you want to know ANYTHING about your babies, either search the forum (using the search tool above) or just make a post in the section you think is appropriate. If it is better in another place, I or one of the moderators will move it for better exposure. :hi :hi

If you need help posting a picture (which must be re-sized) look in the "important notices" section and there are guidelines there.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 pm 
Forum Legend

Hello from Melinda and Leigh in Los Angeles, Ca

We have a new puppy - born Oct 8,2011.
Male Black and White Parti
Name: Arlo

Today is our first day we bought him home.
He'll live with 3 persian cats who already seem just fine with him.
I have attached some photos of our family.

:)
Leigh

Attachments:
File comment: Arlo held by Leigh - day one. 8 weeks old.
ArloMyLittleDog.jpg
ArloMyLittleDog.jpg [ 101.43 KiB | Viewed 2246 times ]
File comment: Melinda (front) and Leigh
Lindyandbuck2.jpg
Lindyandbuck2.jpg [ 257.66 KiB | Viewed 2246 times ]
File comment: Diablo - Black Smoke Persian
DiabloBeauty.jpg
DiabloBeauty.jpg [ 43.91 KiB | Viewed 2246 times ]
File comment: Xander Black and White - Bi Color Persian
XanderCutie.jpg
XanderCutie.jpg [ 30.87 KiB | Viewed 2246 times ]
File comment: Winston
Black and White Exotic Short Hair

Winston.jpg
Winston.jpg [ 39.68 KiB | Viewed 2246 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:48 am 
Forum Legend

Arlo is a gorgeous pup, so are his kitty siblings..welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

After lurking this forum for awhile, we finally got our first cocker, Toby last Christmas. He just turned 1 and the information we've learned from this forum has been invaluable, so thank you all! We've entered him into a local calendar contest and are keeping all paws crossed that he wins :Clap

Attachments:
toby 521 small.jpg
toby 521 small.jpg [ 76.18 KiB | Viewed 2213 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
Active Forum Member

welcome to the forum,,,your furbaby is just amazing,,,good luck with the contest

G.T. GSD

Post subject: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello Everyone! my name is Rachelle, a new cocker spaniel puppy owner and new to this site. My puppy's name is Bailey and she is currently 7.5 months old. We have had her since she was 8 weeks and love her to pieces. Any advise that is out there, is greatly appreciated. I have been doing a lot of reading, Ceasar (Dog Whisperer) has been my puppy training guru via books.

Bailey has been spayed, and ever since we brought her home from the vet she has been very vocal. Her personality is coming through. Does anyone else's puppy developed this characteristic?

Attachments:
Bailey-7.5 months.jpg
Bailey-7.5 months.jpg [ 41.37 KiB | Viewed 2221 times ]

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:42 pm 
Forum Legend

:Wlcm
Bailey is very cute. My girls aren't really vocal...one NEVER barks, but they have lots of sweet personality

Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum :hi Bailey is very cute.

My cocker, Emma, doesn't bark at all, either, but her terrorist brother barks enough for both of them. Maybe she's just telling you she needs more treats...... :gig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm 
Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hey guys, Shane here. I am new to the forum, and new (as of yesterday) owner of a cocker spaniel. Have owned dogs most of my life, although they were all german sheppards. Had to put my girl down last year, 5 weeks short of her 14 th birthday. Our family's new edition was born october 20th, and as I said we brought her home yesterday. My wife and I have 11 and 14 year old daughters, as well as two cats. I am hopelessly outnumbered! I look forward to digging into the forums, and learning all i can.

Shane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Rachelle and Shane. Rachelle, Bailey is beautiful. Shane, I love the baby buffs. What is her name?
I love all babies though. :hp

The day will come when people like me will view the murder of
an animal the same way they view that of a man today.
Leonardo da Vinci

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:40 pm 
Active Forum Member

Attachment:
elvis.jpg
elvis.jpg [ 31.46 KiB | Viewed 2091 times ]

Hello!

I've been checking out this website and forum now since we adopted/rescued Elvis in August. He came to us in terrible looking/smelling condition. Health wise, he is good. But the picture on the site that shows the neglected cocker is not much worse than he was.

My name is Sherry, live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have one cocker, Elvis, a very light buff male. The one thread I can't get over is the one that talks about the Cock-a-tude. OMG is that ever true. He's such a little bugger sometimes.

We have 2 cats, and everyone is sort of getting along. Its going to take some time, but its sort of funny too. They all tolerate each other now and sometimes they actually act like they like each other!

Here is Elvis, I hope you can see the curl in his lip, which is where he got the name...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:43 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Sherry and Elvis! I live in Memphis and recognize that Elvis sneer, LOL. He's a cutie pie. Glad to have you join us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:27 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi...I'm Gina, mom to Rocky, my 12 week old English Cocker. I've only been a member for a couple of weeks. I just got my baby on Dec 3rd. I thought I would post a pic. The one here is Rocky at 9 weeks old. He's my dear sweet little puppy :hp .

Potty training as well as it goes at this age. Luckily for us, I have had the fortune of working at home or being off most of December, so I am able to help teach him where and when to wee-wee. I go back to work on Jan 3, but only live 5 minutes from home, so I will continue to come home and let him out of his crate after about 3 hours for a walk and some lovin and lunch before headin back to work for another 3 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:45 pm 
Forum Legend

Elvis definitely looks like an Elvis! If ONLY he had black hair could he have more of an Elvis look to me. I love that lip!

Welcome to all the new members! :Wlcm , so many cute cocker babies too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:58 am 
Forum Member

Greetings.... My name is Nicole and I have a 2month old cocker her name is Shailynn Amii. I bought her from a private breeder on the weekend of Thanksgiving. Shai has been whinning alot just walking around and doing alot of growling/biting is this normal? Its like she does not want to be touched at times and I want to cuddle her so bad!! I want to know is these are signs of pain or sadness?
--Help!

Attachments:
Shai.jpg
Shai.jpg [ 11.88 KiB | Viewed 2023 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi Nicole. Welcome to the forum. When I got Holly my 12 years old Cocker, she also show some growling and teething(biting). In her case I attribute it to increase separation anxiety. My exhusband and her got really bonded the first week he got it for me so he became her Alfa and when I got into the picture she really did not like me. He traveled for work so he was not around most of the time so I was the main caregiver and this puppy had no choice to bond with me. Your puppy might be having some fears, separation anxiety from her mommy. I am not mentioning any medical issues as I assume that you might already have her checker up by a vet. In my case I became the feeder, the potty trainer, and all. So I will crate her at night and when morning came I will take her out and put her in bed with me and have what I called "Love sessions" with her. Petting her, massaging her, talking soft and gently kissing her and developing some bonding. It became a habit and after a few months it got better but it turn to separation anxiety from me. She did growl at times when she was upset and even when she gets bored and wants you to pay attention she will growl and pull your socks off. The biting in my case was mostly the teething so I wore long sleeves at all times. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Check the training section as there is valuable information about puppy training.

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi Nicole. Welcome to the forum. When I got Holly my 12 years old Cocker, she also show some growling and teething(biting). In her case I attribute it to increase separation anxiety. My exhusband and her got really bonded the first week he got it for me so he became her Alfa and when I got into the picture she really did not like me. He traveled for work so he was not around most of the time so I was the main caregiver and this puppy had no choice to bond with me. Your puppy might be having some fears, separation anxiety from her mommy. I am not mentioning any medical issues as I assume that you might already have her checker up by a vet. In my case I became the feeder, the potty trainer, and all. So I will crate her at night and when morning came I will take her out and put her in bed with me and have what I called "Love sessions" with her. Petting her, massaging her, talking soft and gently kissing her and developing some bonding. It became a habit and after a few months it got better but it turn to separation anxiety from me. She did growl at times when she was upset and even when she gets bored and wants you to pay attention she will growl and pull your socks off. The biting in my case was mostly the teething so I wore long sleeves at all times. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Check the training section as there is valuable information about puppy training.

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:00 am 
Forum Legend

Nicole, your little girl is a doll. As Holly suggested, my best guess is she is missing her siblings and maybe a bit scared. I might try hand feeding her some of her kibble or a treat. She'll learn you her friend. Baby steps, and I bet they will be giant steps in no time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 28  Next